COVID'19 ALERT

  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
  • If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
  • Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm
  • Avoid touching surfaces people touch often
  • Instead of a handshake, give a friendly wave or elbow bump
  • Use any necessary personal protective equipment, as directed.

What Premier League competitors have said this season about Manchester City FC ?



Manchester City will not finish this season by winning their third successive Premier League crown.

Last year, the Blues were forced to the final day of the season but managed to pip Anfield to the title by a single point.City is 25 points behind the Merseyside team this season with ten games remaining for play. Due to the coronavirus outbreak which postponed football to April 30 at the earliest, it remains to be seen when those games will take place.

We took a look back at what City's competitors have written regarding the Blues during the season, with the Premier League on a break.

MANCHESTER UNITED
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jan 7, 2020, is the most powerful boss on Lineker's claims: "I have to admit he's had a huge, big impact and I've respected Pep's teams since he took over Barcelona. Yet I have to confess that I've served with the most successful [Sir Alex Ferguson].
We have one of the greatest executives of all time and you can see where he got his experience from. I had the opportunity to talk and greet Johan [Cruyff] back the day Jordi was here so you can see certain parallels.

LIVERPOOL
Jurgen Klopp, Feb 15, 2020, on UEFA ban: "Of course it was a surprise, yesterday, this morning, whenever it came out. Full yeah, what's that?" The only thing I can say, I'm a football coach, and I can think about football and what Pep and Man City have achieved since I was in England is amazing. That's totally magnificent.
The most, above all. I don't know what happened, who did what and things like that but I can tell it's very rough for the sports fans to grasp at the moment.

CHELSEA
Lampard, November 2019, on returning to City "I've had a wonderful year at City, I'm heading back with nothing but positive thoughts, but I'm Chelsea boss and I want to compete. The rates they've achieved have been incredible. I'm delighted to be in that role with us, but I want more. It's not the end story, it's a solid ensemble.
Today, I'm not trying to draw big decisions, our tale is only three months in the making.

ARSENAL
Mikel Arteta, Feb 10, 2020, on the absent Guardiola: "Certainly. I'm his great buddy and I respect him. I've seen a lot of fun working together and achievement. We've shared a lot of time together and he's a partner. I have to add my own stuff. He's been part of my growth as a guy and move through a lot of issues I've done beside him."It was a privilege and of course a lot of things that I took on board, that I felt from my time in Barcelona, that we shared with each other and that I learned a lot from his management.

"I always talk to him about it. He's my genuinely nice mate. I have so much respect for him. We discuss a lot of stuff in our lives and we talk about it.

Comments